Wargaming the English Civil War, American War of Independence and Sudanese campaigns in 28mm

Thursday 10 June 2010

British 6pdr WIP (1)

Here's a shot of my British 6pdr I'm working on. It's not quite finished yet but I've dry brushed the chassis and gun barrel (I'll need to do this again as I've got a bit of blue on it) and just have the metal left to do. I'm also debating whether or not to use the Army Painter dip to add a bit of shading to it. As I've found in the past, dry-brushing does still show up after the AP is applied so I may give it a go. It will hopefully add a bit of depth and realism to the model. What do you think? If you have any suggestions or recommendations please leave a comment at the foot of this post.


Below are two of the three part-completed crew. I've painted the flesh, coats and dry-brushed their ropes (I may make these slightly lighter in colour depending on the feedback I get). I'm a little worried about whether or not the blue of the coats is right. It seems a little too blue, as in the primary colour blue. Should look OK if I dip it with the dark tone and make it a little darker.



I'm hoping to have this painted and based by the weekend. That reminds me, I still need to order some more paint to paint the base with and get some more scatter material!

Please let me know what you think and leave any comments or suggestions below.

2 comments:

Consul said...

On reflection, the blue probably looks a little odd as the hat, boots and facing are still white! But if you think it's OK, please let me know.

Consul.

Giles said...

Consul - I think it all looks fine - the gun particularly has very effective wood-work. I would suggest you don't play around with it much more, and simply paint on the metal fittings etc.

Best wishes

Giles